“Fear is the mind killer,” but Spice Beer does a pretty decent job in a pinch. Frank Herbert’s Dune is perhaps the most expansive sci-fi classic wherein everyone is addicted to drugs. In this world, the Spice Melange is a coveted but highly addictive substance that expands the awareness of the imbiber—which is necessary for interstellar travel.
The taste and smell of this spice was described as similar to cinnamon, although more bitter. Melange can be mixed into both food and beverages as an enhancement, which is where Spice Beer comes in. This delicious beer cocktail combines the taste of cinnamon with lemon juice and spicy bitters.
The spice beer must flow!
- 1 1/2 fl oz (45 ml) cinnamon liqueur
- 1 1/2 fl oz (45 ml) bourbon
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 teaspoons cinnamon syrup or simple syrup
- 2-3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 3-4 fl oz (90-120 ml) pilsner, chilled
- In the serving glass(es), stir together the cinnamon liqueur, bourbon, lemon juice, bitters, and syrup.
- Top with beer and give it one last quick stir.
CHECK OUT MORE OF CASSANDRA’S GEEKY CHEF RECIPES
THE GEEKY CHEF COOKBOOK
THE GEEKY BARTENDER