West Hollywood’s Norah is one of the best meals we’ve had in LA. And while the whole menu is salivate-worthy, something about their hummus (the side of warm, oven-fresh pita certainly didn’t hurt) left us fantasizing about it for months. We rang ’em right up and begged them to spill the beans on the recipe. And we even spared you the dad-level “spill the chickpeas” joke.
MAKES 4 CUPS
- 4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 8oz. tahini paste
- 3/4 cups fresh lemon juice
- 3 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Combine the garlic and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until garlic is chopped. Let the chopped garlic sit in the lemon juice for 10 minutes, this will mellow the flavor of the raw garlic so it’s not overpowering.
- Next add the tahini, salt, cumin, and cayenne to the food processor, and fill half a cup with cold water on the side. With the food processor running, slowly stream in the water. The tahini will get very thick at first, then will start to smooth out as you continue to blend in the water.
- Add the chickpeas to the tahini mixture and blend until very smooth.
- Serve with your favorite warm pita and enjoy!
8279 SANTA MONICA BOULEVARD, WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA PH 310.643.5853
Norah is now offering Saturday prix-fixe dinners to-go. Order here by Thursday at 2PM for pickup 3-6pm on Saturday. Restaurant takeout is available Wed-Sunday, 5-9pm through Caviar, Postmates, Uber Eats, Grubhub, and Door Dash.