We tried and tested this classic easy-to-make recipe from LA’s’ favorite Italian joint Jon & Vinny’s. The results outdo the recipes’ simplicity.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
- (1) 7oz can Bianco Dinappoli crushed tomatoes
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3/4 cup EVOO
- 1 tablespoon crushed red chili pepper
- 1 lb spaghetti noodle
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large sauce pot, heat olive oil over medium-low heat. Add garlic and allow to toast lightly.
- Once garlic is toasted, add crushed red chili flakes and stir, allowing to cook approximately another 30 seconds. Add crushed tomatoes, stir well.
- Turn the heat down to low and cook for at least 30 minutes, stirring consistently to keep from burning. Turn the heat off and blend with a handheld immersion blender or transfer sauce to blender with a ladle. Blend until smooth. Add sauce back to the pot. Season with salt to taste.
- In a large pot, bring a pot of salted water to boil. Once boiling, add spaghetti and cook following the fresh or dried pasta instructions. For dried pasta, cook 10-12 minutes or until al dente and for fresh pasta, cook 2-3 minutes or until al dente.
- Using tongs, agistate the pasta insuring that it does not stick. Once pasta is cooked through, transfer spaghetti to the sauce and let simmer at medium heat for about 1 minute and toss the pasta until sauce is fully incorporated on every noodle.
- Season with salt to taste. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
JON & VINNY’S FAIRFAX
412 N FAIRFAX AVE, LOS ANGELES PH 323.334.3369
JON & VINNY’S BRENTWOOD
11938 SAN VICENTE BLVD, LOS ANGELES PH 310.442.2733