Nothing says summer quite like a refreshing spritzer. While Aperol cocktails are all the rage, we suggest you channel your inner Bogart and try this classic Old Fashioned spritzer recipe, courtesy of Fountain Beverage Co.
- 3 oz rye (preferably Sazerac or High West Double Rye)
- ½ oz simple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 dashes Peychaud’s bitters
- 3oz tart cherry hard seltzer (preferably FOUNTAIN)
- Run an orange peel around the rim of a highball glass to impart its oils, drop into glass.
- Combine rye, simple syrup, and both bitters in a mixing tin with ice.
- Stir for 30-40 second. You want roughly 1 oz of water liberated from ice and mixed into drink.
- Strain into iced highball glass.
- Top with tart cherry hard seltzer (preferably FOUNTAIN).