As the Lunar New Year approaches and Dry January nearly comes to a close (not soon enough, tbh) celebrate with this Mandarin-Chrysanthemum Sour recipe from our friends at Cocktail Academy, famous for their parties, pop-ups, and crafted cocktail experience.
- 2 oz Chrysanthemum infused Gin
- 0.5 oz Lemon
- 0.5 oz Simple
- 3oz ‘Fluffy Mandarin Juice’
- Garnish with dried Chrysanthemum Blossom
- Take 750ml of Gin and add 1/4 Cup of Chrysanthemum Blossoms. Let it infuse for 3-4 hours.
- In a shaker tin add 2oz of Chrysanthemum Gin, 0.5oz Lemon Juice, 0.5oz Simple. Short shake for 3 seconds and strain into an ice filled hi-ball glass.
- Fluffy Mandarin Juice: In a blender or a shaker add 3oz of Mandarin Juice, either blend on high for 10 seconds or shake without ice for 20 seconds. The key is to incorporate air into the juice- resulting in a “fluffy” texture. Once done blending or shaking add juice to highball glass.