Summer might be officially over, but someone ought to tell the weather gods. If the September heatwave is getting to you, kick back on your lawn chair with this refreshingly cool and breezy mint gin cocktail from master mixologist and host of HSTV’s The Beard Behind The Bar, Jeff Naples, to make the wait for sweater weather a little less painful.
- 2 oz Genever
- 1/2-3/4 oz ginger simple syrup
- 1/2 oz fresh lime (squeezed)
- 2-3 thin slices of beet
- 5-6 mint leaves
- Add all ingredients to shaker with ice.
- Shake and strain over ice.
- Top with ginger beer and garnish with mint.