Ah, blood, the beverage of choice for vampires everywhere. Whether your favorite vampires are tortured souls, sparkly teenagers, ruthless killers, or werewolf-hating roommates in New Zealand, one thing they all have in common is their thirst for blood. Although there are some outliers in the vampire meta, blood generally has an addictive and intoxicating effect on vampires, much like alcohol has on mortals. This blood recipe contains cherries, along with two mortal vices—coffee and chocolate—to simulate what drinking blood might feel like to a vamp.
- ½ cup (75 g) frozen pitted cherries
- 2 fl oz (60 ml) white rum
- 1 fl oz (30 ml) coffee liqueur
- Dash chocolate sauce
- Dash Grenadine
- Ice (optional)
- 3 fl oz (90 ml) tart cherry juice
- Add all the ingredients to a blender.
- Blend on the lowest setting until smooth.
“BLOODY” SERVING GLASS (optional, done ahead of time)
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (120 ml) light corn syrup
- ½ cup (120 ml) water
- Candy thermometer
- Red food coloring
- Combine the sugar, syrup, and water in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat, and pop in the candy thermometer. Don’t stir until the liquid reaches 300°F (150°C).
- Once heated to 300°F (150°C), remove the thermometer and stir in the food coloring, making sure the color is evenly mixed in.
- Dip the heatproof serving glass into the mixture while it’s still hot, then turn it upright, being careful not to let any syrup get on you. The syrup will drip down the glass and then harden for a drippy effect.